Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Husband joins the act!

Being the busy wife of an even busier investment banker sure has it's perks!

After an impromptu lunch date, I was seriously taken aback when the husband (who, in a strange turn of events, had reached home by 7pm) informed me that he'll be cooking dinner. Now, I don't know  exactly what prompted this declaration but I not complaining for sure!

So when I entered the house at a relatively late 9pm, the vegetables were out on counter, knife was poised and the chef was set to get to work! The tables had definitely been turned coz when I asked him what's on the menu, he said, "no idea!"
I must confess I was a tad worried that I would end up doing the cooking. However, my fears were unfounded. Right from the chopping to the cooking to the serving, the husband had it covered!

What followed was a wonderful meal of (ready-to-eat) dimsums, wine, mixed vegetables and (ready-to-eat) alu parathas!

And now I have to ask him for the recipe!
More power to men who cook! And yay for husband!

Update - I have just been informed that it's my turn today, so it's back to the kitchen for me!

P.S. - Now that he knows how happy he made me, I hope he shall cook again soon. This post shall constantly remind him of that! <devilish grin>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

recipe (25) quick and easy (23) vegetarian (16) fruits (11) healthy (11) breakfast (8) quick snack (7) eggs (6) great looking food (6) salad (5) tomato (5) easy (4) food (4) olive oil (4) pasta (4) yogurt (4) bread (3) cheese (3) cooking (3) drink (3) grapes (3) milk (3) mushrooms (3) presentation (3) strawberries (3) tea (3) Mediterranean food (2) Soup (2) apples (2) brunch (2) bruschetta (2) dessert (2) dinner (2) dip (2) eating out (2) festive food (2) herbs (2) honey (2) orange (2) pancakes (2) review (2) sausages (2) soya sauce (2) stir fry (2) sunday (2) sweet (2) weekend (2) white wine (2) Bengali food (1) Festivals (1) Hong Kong (1) India (1) Indian food (1) alu dum (1) beverage (1) books (1) broccoli (1) caramel custard (1) cider (1) cold (1) cooking fails (1) corn (1) delish (1) desserts (1) exploring (1) favourite (1) fireworks (1) flan (1) fresh (1) garlic (1) gujiya (1) hot (1) hummus (1) juice (1) juicy (1) khichdi (1) list (1) low cal (1) luchi (1) lunch (1) olives (1) pear (1) perfect (1) poha (1) prawns (1) quirky (1) rains (1) red wine (1) sangria (1) smoothie (1) spaghetti (1) strawberry (1) sundays (1) thekua (1) traditional Indian sweets (1) tzatziki (1) vegetables (1) water (1)