Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

How a foodie celebrates her last day of 'freedom'


After two months of job hunting, I got a job in HK. What makes this even sweeter is that this is the kind of job I was looking for!

The picture above is the story of my life in the past two months - always on the search! But actually, that picture is of the husband looking for the last piece of deep fried eel in the bed of sichuan peppers. Yup, you read it right. I was tricked into eating eel on my last day of freedom - that was my husband's gift to me. And would you believe it, I loved eel!

So what else did I do on the eve of the really big day? On the day before I joined the ranks of the working people once again. 

Met the husband for an unexpected lunch date at a Sichuan place called, Yellow Door Kitchen
Had some truly excellent stir fry eel with chili and stir fry beef.

Post lunch, the husband went back to work and I decided to spend some time at a bookstore.
After spending some two hours browsing through who knows how many books, decided to go for 'The Bling Ring'. Enjoyed every popcorn of it!
Post movie, headed home, opened a bottle of my typhoon wine, washed a bunch of grapes and settled down with my new book.
My day of doing my favourite things came to a close with some really relaxing cooking; and some laughs thanks to NPH on HIMYM! 

A perfect send off into the sun and a great start to a brand new episode in the life and times!

1 comment:

Labels

recipe (25) quick and easy (23) vegetarian (16) fruits (11) healthy (11) breakfast (8) quick snack (7) eggs (6) great looking food (6) salad (5) tomato (5) easy (4) food (4) olive oil (4) pasta (4) yogurt (4) bread (3) cheese (3) cooking (3) drink (3) grapes (3) milk (3) mushrooms (3) presentation (3) strawberries (3) tea (3) Mediterranean food (2) Soup (2) apples (2) brunch (2) bruschetta (2) dessert (2) dinner (2) dip (2) eating out (2) festive food (2) herbs (2) honey (2) orange (2) pancakes (2) review (2) sausages (2) soya sauce (2) stir fry (2) sunday (2) sweet (2) weekend (2) white wine (2) Bengali food (1) Festivals (1) Hong Kong (1) India (1) Indian food (1) alu dum (1) beverage (1) books (1) broccoli (1) caramel custard (1) cider (1) cold (1) cooking fails (1) corn (1) delish (1) desserts (1) exploring (1) favourite (1) fireworks (1) flan (1) fresh (1) garlic (1) gujiya (1) hot (1) hummus (1) juice (1) juicy (1) khichdi (1) list (1) low cal (1) luchi (1) lunch (1) olives (1) pear (1) perfect (1) poha (1) prawns (1) quirky (1) rains (1) red wine (1) sangria (1) smoothie (1) spaghetti (1) strawberry (1) sundays (1) thekua (1) traditional Indian sweets (1) tzatziki (1) vegetables (1) water (1)